A lot of things happened during my birthday month (August) which opened up a lot of old wounds.
I remembered all of my mental and physical abuse I received throughout my life from my mother.
As I reflected on those events, I thought about forgiveness.
What it really means to forgive.
I have made peace with the idea that we all make mistakes and sometimes people who hurt us either have mental health issues or they treated us by how they were treated themselves and didn’t know any better.
We have to evaluate ourselves and be truthful to our own faults and how we may have hurt others so we can forgive our mistakes and make improvements to be better for ourselves and for others (Sometimes counseling may help).
Forgiveness doesn’t mean we condone the terrible behavior or situation, but we love and care about ourselves so that we are willing to let go of the hate, anger, resentment that has festered inside of us.
We are willing to forgive so that we can free our mind, body and soul.
Dalai Lama called the people we need to forgive as our Sacred Friends because these are the people who show us our strengths that we might not know that we had.
I devote September 2020 to forgiveness.
This is the quote I chose…
QUESTIONS TO NAVIGATE YOUR MIND ON…
- Are you willing to let go of negative emotions (anger, hate, etc) and be willing to open yourself up to forgiveness?
- Are you willing to free yourself from your own poisonous thoughts and forgive yourself for holding yourself trapped in those poisonous thoughts so that you can forgive others?
- Who do you want or need to forgive? (Parent(s), grandparent(s), family member, friends, etc.)
- What do you want or need to forgive? What actions do you want or need to forgive from that specific person? (Abuse from parent(s), divorce, deceptions, etc.)
- Why do you want or need to forgive? What benefits will you receive when you forgive? (Benefits can be: Realization you are no longer victim, you survived, free yourself from anger, etc.)
Grace CW Liu is an expert Transition Navigator who will help you to navigate through your biggest challenges about yourself when going through your career, relationship, health, or other life transitions.
Through my programs: WORRY Eliminator, Color Code Personality, and Discover Your Sacred Gifts, I teach you how to deliberately use and navigate the program that will get you to live more of your Soul’s purpose.
As a Transition Navigator, I will help you to design, navigate, and manifest the results you want in your life with peace, happiness, ease, and grace. Together we solve your problems so that you create a whole new way of looking at life.