We live in a society that values productivity and rewards hard work. This usually means pushing yourself to the max.
Although it is good to strive to do your best whether at work, home or whatever activity you are doing; pushing yourself to the max can also cause harm if you don’t give yourself a break every now and then.
It is a good idea to stop occasionally, to take time to smell the roses.
When you take on too much it can take a toll on your body, mind and spirit.
You may start to feel some aches and pains in your body because of tension from stress. You might notice an inability to stay focused on tasks, a decrease in your energy, and an overall feeling of fatigue.
You might feel guilty if you take time out just to relax and do absolutely nothing because society has taught us that laziness is not acceptable. We tend to harshly judge lazy people.
The truth is that it is to your benefit when you take time to be lazy every now and then. This will improve your productivity as well as create a better body, mind, and spirit balance.
When you take this time out you are recharging your body, mind and spirit. When your body, mind and spirit feel good and uplifting, then you have the energy to take care of others.
It is not selfish when you take care of yourself first by taking a break and being ‘lazy’. By helping yourself first then you can help others. It is more selfish if you don’t take care of yourself.
If you have ever flown on the plane, you have heard flight attendants instructing you to put on your oxygen mask on first before assisting others. If you assist others without wearing your oxygen mask, then both you and the person you are assisting will pass out. You end up helping neither yourself nor the other person.
It is important for you to take care of your health first by taking care of your body, mind, and spirit. If you don’t have your health you won’t be able to go to work to make money, go places, or take care of yourself let alone take care of others. If you want to take care of other people, you have to start taking care of yourself first.
Remember taking care of yourself first is not selfish. This is called Self-Care, and this means that you are taking care of yourself in order to be able to care for others. Self-Care means you are creating a balance where you are taking care of yourself first and then when you are able then you take care of others where you are neither selfless nor self-centered.
EIGHT NAVIGATING POINTS TO A HEALTHIER YOU:
- Practice Self-Care (pamper yourself…you can pamper yourself without spending any money)
- Take time off and know that it is okay to be ‘lazy’ every now and then
- Set healthy boundaries
- Eat healthy foods
- Drink plenty of water
- Get plenty of sleep
- Remember to breathe…take nice slow deep breaths throughout your day
- Participate and do healthy activities that will uplift your spirits
Grace CW Liu is an expert Transition Navigator who will help you to navigate through your biggest challenges about yourself when going through your career, relationship, health, and/or life transition.
Here are just some of the benefits you will get when you work with Grace CW Liu, GraceSOULutions.com
- Through my programs: WORRY Eliminator and Color Code Personality, I teach you how to deliberately use and navigate the program that will get you to live more of your Soul’s purpose.
- As a Transition Navigator, I will help you to design, navigate, and manifest the results you want in your life with peace, happiness, ease, and grace. Together we solve your problems so that you create a whole new way of looking at life.
My CLIENTS typically are people who:
- Are in some kind of LIFE TRANSITION
- FEEL STUCK in their life right now
- Want MORE in LIFE than what they currently have
- Need guidance while in CAREER TRANSITION
- Know they can find a HARMONIOUS RELATIONSHIP
- Lack energy and WANT TO GAIN VITALITY
I work with my clients to help you select the best program(s) that will meet your pressing needs. Once you have selected the best-fit program for you we will work out a plan that will help you navigate from where you are now, to where you want to go. We will bridge the gap together!
Sessions can be done with one-on-one training or in group training via telephone or Zoom (video conference). You will get both support and accountability when you work with me in order to help you to succeed.
Clients often say this about me: “You may be nice and sweet, but you can also be tough and always put me back on the right track.” And personally, I consider that a great compliment!